What does a SEO Content Marketing Specialist do?
The SEO Specialist will assist in the execution of a comprehensive SEO Strategy, optimizing traffic, improving website conversion, and helping to maximize organic lead generation and on line sales activities.
A SEO Content Marketing Specialist is expected to do a large array of tasks with an eye to detail and stay abreast on all things SEO.
- Assist with execution of SEO Strategies, in connection with agency partners, monitoring keywords and rankings, organic traffic, and organic lead generation to find new areas for continuous growth.
- Partner with agency and internal digital analytics teams to analyze performance data across the SEO funnel to backlinks to SEO strategies and tactics.
- Help facilitate the development and approval of content assets: blogs, long-form page content, graphics, and videos. Work with subject matter experts throughout the company to ensure content accuracy. Partner with legal team and writers to edit as needed, and file final versions on shared network.
- Conduct competitive website and industry reviews to inform SEO content plans: identify and present recommendations on opportunities to strengthen SEO results.
- Stay on top of SEO updates to ensure accurate algorithm updates and other technical SEO considerations.
- Support continuous website testing through A/B and multivariate testing tool to maximize organic conversion rates. Assist in analysis results and identification of actionable opportunities and best practices to improve response and conversion performance.
The SEO Content Marketing Specialist need to have a certain qualifications to perform his/her duties well.
- Bachelor in Marketing or relevant fields, 3-5 years of SEO experience
- Proven SEO experience and a track record of success growing organic search traffic and conversions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with all aspects of on-page, off-page, and technical SEO
- Experience with competitive content research
- Exceptional written communication skills applied to consumer-facing communications (e.g. website content, blogs, infographics) Detail attention to editing & fact checking to ensure quality communications
- Solid understanding of performance marketing & lead generation, and online customer acquisition
- Experience with SEO platforms: Google Search Console, SEMrush, MOZ, Ahrefs
- Experience with Google Analytics& Tag Manager a plus
- Passionate about data & analytics
- Advanced MS Office proficiency such as Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with data visualization tool like PowerBI, Tableau, and Google Data Studio is a plus
- Project management skills to organize concurrent projects/workstreams
- (I used Primavera and MS Project back in 2008)
- Design and graphic arts capabilities a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and results-driven environment
- A curious mindset which constantly asks “Why” and “so what” to improve performance to identify new opportunities.